June Reads

 I've been busily working my way through audiobooks in June (and some print books too). Here's what I've been reading:

  • At Blackwater Pond by Mary Oliver (audiobook) - this one was special in two ways. One, it was my first audiobook of poetry and two, it was read by the author.
  • Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way by Dan Buettner (audiobook)
  • 9 Things Successful People Do by Heidi Grant Halvorson - I read this in one sitting at the library
  • The Blessing of a Skinned Knee: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Self-Reliant Children by Wendy Mogel  - I read this on a recommendation, and it was really interesting. I know little about Judaism, but I thought it was a good book.
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear (audiobook) - this one I waited for a while, because it was the most popular book at the library system last year, and it had a loooooooong hold list.
  • Superlife: The 5 Forces That Will Make You Healthy, Fit, and Eternally Awesome by Darin Olien - ok, so I read this one after being inspired by the Zac Effron documentary, and I did some skimming, because I like CAM (complimentary and alternative medicine) as much as the next person, but this was a bit too out there for me. Some decent recipes though.
  • Radical Kindness: The Life-Changing Power of Giving and Receiving by Angela Santomero (audiobook)
  • The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum by Richard Panek, Temple Grandin (audiobook) - as an autistic person who is both very different and very similar to Dr Grandin, this was an interesting listen.
  • The Other Significant Others: Reimagining Life with Friendship at the Center by Rhaina Cohen (audiobook) - this one spoke to me, in a lot of ways
  • You Will Find Your People by Lane Moore (audiobook) - I somehow got 3 friendship audiobooks at the same time (this was the second) and this one was the most intense in some ways.
  • Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close by Aminatou Sow, Ann Friedman (audiobook) - this one was also intense. All three friendship books had good insights though.
  • El Principito (The Little Prince) by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (audiobook) - I listened to this in Spanish, which is the third language I've read it in (English & French are the others).
  • Essential Strategies for Social Anxiety: Practical Techniques to Face Your Fears, Overcome Self-Doubt, and Thrive by Alison McKleroy LMFT
Yeah, I listened to 9 audiobooks and then read 4 additional print books. I've been struggling to have enough time at night to read and journal. What I really need is to give up Netflix a little earlier in the evening. We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board