Walking at 95 Degrees: A Life Update

 So, as the title says, I have been going on walks when it's 95 degrees out. Yes, 95. We had a couple of heat waves here, reaching record breaking 106 F. But, except for the very hottest of days, I have still been going on my walks, for the most part. 

I have had a rough go this spring and summer due to a medication change and further issues with that. My life has been unbalanced, but I'm working on getting it back in shape. I do a lot of goal setting, managing a lot of the care items that people can just do, on their own, without a bunch of reminders. Or maybe things they don't even need, but I do. 

I have a great support system, I really do. My friends are wonderful, continuing to invite me out when I've said no, texting encouragement. I love them all.

I'm doing my best and it's going to get better.

In other news, I spend a lot of time reading, surfing the internet, and, of course, working. I am running my first bilingual council program (an overnight, no less) next weekend, which is a source of great excitement and anxiety. When I started learning Spanish, I was clear on my goal: run Spanish programs. I just didn't think it would be this soon. We also just went through a warp speed planning process with work, so that was an adventure. In stress management.

Hippie is still his cuddly, bitey self, spending as much time as he can within 6 feet of me. If he can't touch me, that is. He turned 10, and I can't believe he's that old!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board