A Special Delivery

Though extravagant, I subscribed to a produce box this August. I was convinced at a farmer's market stall, and I was skeptical. But, in all honesty, picking out fun and funky veggies has been an amazing source of joy these past couple of months.

I've received 3 boxes so far. All have had something delightful. I couldn't even tell you my favorite veggie or fruit I've tried. Candystripe figs were a treat for someone who really only eats dried figs. Delicata squash has been on my "to try" list for ages (thanks cooking shows). 

A pile of produce with fennel bulbs, shitake mushrooms, two delicata sqash, and a bunch of rainbow carrots
I'm very excited for these next couple of weeks too! I'm trying a whole bunch of things: burdock root, brown beech mushrooms, and honeynut squash. I also have ordered some tiny white turnips, some very interesting looking kiwi berries, and a few other goodies. 

A box of brown beech mushrooms, a honeynut squash, and two burdock roots.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board