Making Things for Mental Health

 I feel like this has been said many times, but as someone who has struggled with mental illness for years, it's so important to have things to do with your hands, things that are not online. I know that the internet and technology are safe spaces for many of us, places you have a home in. I'm not denying that. 

But, if you are struggling, I am gently suggesting... hobbies.

I love my hobbies, but sometimes put them down and forget to pick them back up. But recently I've been trying to pick them up again. I am big on visual art, but I also knit, sew, and garden. I will go to the library for craft night, and have made many a creation, just like I did for hours in my bedroom as a tween. 

Mental health is complex, and it's hard to get into hobbies, especially with perhaps some shame of having put them down (I have struggled with this). But they're so worth it. And you're worth it too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board