Disability Pride Month

 While I often hide what I'm going through, I struggle with a number of chronic conditions that impact my daily life. They are disabilities, hidden ones, but disabilities all the same. I think a lot of people don't realize that there are many more of us with hidden disabilities then we let on. In fact, disabled people are the largest minority in the US. 

So I want to remind y'all that July is Disability Pride Month. I find it difficult sometimes, accepting myself and my limits, and especially having pride in being myself. But I'm working on it.

So this Disability Pride Month, take a moment to think about your views on disabilities, as well as what you can do to increase accessibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board