Recent Reads

 I've been busy reading this fall! I've read over 50 books in 2023, between audio and print, and I have to say that this is the most I've read since... middle school? High school? I've spent so many hours curled up with a good book and it's been lovely. So here are my books since the last post:

  • Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Drs. Amelia Nagoski, Emily Nagoski 
  • The Things We Make by Bill Hammock (audiobook)
  • The Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan (got its very own post)
  • Swallowed Light by Michael Wasson 
  • Art for Self-Care: Create Powerful, Healing Art by Listening to Your Inner Voice by Jessica Swift 
  • Stressilient: How to Beat Stress and Build Resilience by Sam Akbar 
  • 10% Happier by Dan Harris (audiobook)
  • Against Technoableism: Rethinking Who Needs Improvement by Ashley Shew 
  • How to succeed with your Home Owners Association : the complete HOA guide for owners, boards, and managers by Linda Perret (read in two sittings)
  • Oak Flat by Lauren Redniss (audiobook)

The HOA one I had to add to StoryGraph because that's how niche it is. But it was a good read, so I'm glad I got it squared away. Overall, most of these were decent reads.

While I'm still waiting for my StoryGraph end of year summary (think spotify wrapped but with books), I can say that, as of December 9, I have read 53 books, all nonfiction. StoryGraph keeps all sorts of stats, so I can tell you that my most read author was Brene Brown (don't judge me), I mostly read books that are under 300 pages (probably contributing to the total of over a book a week), and that I have read nearly 10,000 pages and listened to almost 60 hours of audiobooks.

Overall, quite the year for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board