And a Happy New Year

 Today is December 31, 2023. As some might say, 123123. The New Year has transformed over the years from a big party to a personal celebration. I might toast the new year now, but with sparkling cider, and usually around 10 pm. By midnight I'm snuggled into bed, ringing in the new year with a solid night's rest.

Growing up, my family always had new year's eve parties. We'd drink and play games and stay up late into the night (or early the next morning), from the time I was probably 11 or 12. We'd watch the ball drop and toast with sparking cider or, later, more adult beverages. Every year brought an evening with friends as we started the new year at midnight.

Now New Year's promises a more relaxed, less raucous celebration. I often think about resolutions, eat some tasty food, and toast to myself. The evening is quiet, relaxed. 

One isn't inherently better than the other, just different. My new New Year's Eve is much more in line with who I am now, and even who I was then. 

However you celebrate, I wish you a happy New Year's Eve and an even better 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board