National Clean Your House Month 2023

 For those of you unaware (as I was until November 2), November is National Clean Your House Month, going with NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month). While I'm not much for novel writing, I did feel like cleaning was a good thing, as I am not a big cleaner and projects tend to pile up. So around November 3, I decided to participate, and started working on a list. In the end, I made a list of 34 household tasks that don't get done regularly (or I've never done them in the three years I've been here). Some highlights included:

  • Putting away all the items in my two junk boxes (I found an absurd amount of spare glasses)
  • Vacuuming so so many things
  • Cleaning my washing machine, coffee pot, and oven
  • Cleaning the faucets, tub, bathroom and pantry floors, and and around the litter box
  • Organizing under the bathroom sink, including throwing out old nail polish (don't worry, I got the under the kitchen sink when I replaced the disposal)
  • Paint touch ups to cover up an assortment of stains
 So how many did I end up completing? All but one (did not make it to the thrift store for a drop off), but I fully intend to get that done before the end of the year. Now though, I can marvel at my clean house, cleaned in ways it has never been before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board