Traditions

 I think that the holidays are special to be because of our family traditions more than anything. I'm agnostic, so I don't believe in the religious aspects of the holiday, just the cultural ones. I also love the symbols, but more than anything I want the familiar family activities. I didn't get them last year as much as I wanted, as I was at the beginning of recovery from a nasty respiratory infection and wasn't feeling well. But this year they're there. 

So, my favorite holiday traditions, in no particular order, are:

  • Baking cookies, whether it's gingerbread or sugar, and especially ones you cut out and decorate.
  • Our Christmas eve snack fest and bûche de Noël (had to google how to get the accent marks because Blogger was not playing nice, even on the French keyboard).
  • The tradition of handmade PJ pants for a Christmas eve gift (not every year, but most).
  • Cinnamon rolls and egg bake for Christmas morning breakfast.
  • Amy Grant Christmas CDs (don't judge).
  • Playing dominoes with the whole family.
And, of course, just spending quality time as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board