Wrapping up work

 One nice thing about my job (or actually a couple of nice things together) is that I have a ton of PTO (25 days a year, not including sick time, because I've been there over 5 years) and while I'm not able to take it as frequently as I'd like, I am able to take off the entire week before Christmas, in addition to getting the week between Christmas and New Year's off as a holiday week.

I use this time to go to Wisconsin, spend time with my family, meet up with friends, etc. I am grateful to have a job where I can do this because I don't get to see my family a whole lot, and I've come to really enjoy my time with them. Sometimes I do feel a little left out - my siblings did a whole lot of growing up and bonding with my parents that I just didn't have growing up, so they have a different vibe with the four of them vs the five of us. But I'm working on developing those relationships, and so far it's slow going, but a start.

I wrapped up work this year with a whole bunch of stuff happening. It usually slows down in December, but it didn't last year until my last week, and honestly it didn't slow down until I had two days left this year. Looking back, it's been a wild year. Lots of turnover, lots of change, lots of stress, and lots of challenges. I spent a lot of time considering whether I wanted to move to another job, another field. I thought about moving back to Wisconsin, to spend more time with family, especially when my friend did just that.

I'm ready for Girl Scouts 2024 though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board