The Recent Reading List

 After several years away from consistent reading (grad school killed the pleasure from reading), I've gotten back into the habit the past couple of years. A more consistent time to read has been extremely helpful, as well as setting aside chunks of time to make progress on longer books. Here are some recent reads:

The Tao of Bipolar

I know this is bipolar disorder focused, but I strongly feel it's relevant to make mental health conditions. It completely reframed how I looked at mindfulness, and was the beginning of making that into a new habit (which has been super helpful).

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking (x)

I found this to be a useful overview of introversion, as well as some related topics.

Uncovering Happiness: Overcoming Depression with Mindfulness and Self-Compassion (x)

I read this book over winter break, mostly on the plane. I liked that it had concrete examples of things to do to improve depression and mental health.

This Book Won't Make You Happy: Eight Keys to Finding True Contentment (x)

Its title is a little misleading, because it talks about contentment. It's similar but different to happiness. I found the book helpful.

 How to Be Yourself: Quiet your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety (x)

This book had a mix of storytelling from the author's practice and practical tips and steps to take in combating social anxiety.

Growing Young: How Friendship, Optimism, and Kindness Can Help you Live to 100 (x)

I liked the end of chapter summaries in this book.

As you can see, a lot of my books are self help. Ok, all the ones listed here are self help of a sort. I do read other things, like I've read a history book recently, and I've read a log of books about combating racism. I'm not on Goodreads, but I do use StoryGraph. I'm on there as my first name last name (one word), so if you know me, say hi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board