St Baldricks 2023

 While I didn't participate in St Baldricks this year (my last year to cut off hair was 2012), my dad and grandpa participated this year! St Baldricks of Wisconsin has changed a lot since I was involved, but they went and now are lacking hair.

For those of you unfamiliar, St Baldricks is a nonprofit that gives research grants. It is the largest non-government funder of childhood cancer research (or at least that's what it was when I was involved). They do a lot of good things, and their major fundraising happens around St Patrick's Day with head shaving.

I actually shaved my head in 2008, when I was in eighth grade. I raised quite a bit of money, as a 13 year old girl willing to shave my head. My brother had just gotten off treatment. I didn't go as short in 2012, I did a pixie cut.

A photo of the blogger, a white woman, with short hair in front of a St Baldricks banner.

 

St Baldricks is a great way to get involved with childhood cancer research, if CureSearch walks aren't your thing. Check them out here: https://www.stbaldricks.org/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board