Books of Winter

 Ok, so my reading goal for 2024 is 52 books (1 per week). I have read 12 books as of March 1, which is ahead of the pace I need to be. I generally have an audiobook and a print book going at once. So here's what I've read in January and February 2024:

  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
  • The Thing Explainer by Randall Monroe (author of one of my fave comics, XKCD)
  • The Deepest Well by Dr Nadine Burke Harris (highly recommended for anyone working in a social service position)
  • A Thousand Mornings by Mary Oliver
  • All Cats are on the Autism Spectrum by Kathy Hoopman
  • Mala's Cat (audiobook) by Mala Kacenberg (this was extremely hard to get through because it was pretty graphic in describing the Holocaust)
  • Hood Feminism by Mikki Kendall
  • Cost of Living: Essays by Emily Maloney (I think this is actually my least favorite book I've read this year)
  • Success Under Stress (audiobook) by Sharon Melnick
  • You Are Here by Thích Nhất Hạnh
  • Pageboy (audiobook) by Elliot Page
  • Ikigai (audiobook) by Héctor García Puigcerver

Overall it's been a good couple of months for reading. Some real standouts with Hood Feminism, the Deepest Well, and A Thousand Mornings. Mala's Cat was the most challenging, and the longest read at 29 days (I actually started it on Christmas Eve).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board