Anxiety

 I have a number of mental health conditions, and probably more that aren't diagnosed if I'm being honest (I have no interest in more diagnoses if there isn't a treatment I can do that I can't get now). However, one that has been present for years, in various forms and severities, is anxiety. I'm officially diagnosed with both generalized anxiety and social anxiety, so there's a lot of anxiety in my brain in pretty much all situations. It's gotten a lot better in the past year or so, but it's still a challenge.

Coping with anxiety comes in various forms, and sometimes it's more successful than others. Currently my anxiety is higher, mostly due to work. I was explaining this to my friend, that I always have anxiety, but when I'm stressed it gets worse. We had this conversation because I am worrying about a lot of things, including the people in my life, which can be tough to deal with (I understand this, and usually hide it pretty well). 

I wanted to share this because I think it's important to realize that even people who seem to have a good life, or who seem to have it all together, can still struggle with mental health. And as we come upon Mental Health Awareness Month soon, I hope that you will recognize the importance of caring for your mind and giving the same grace to others.

A vase of purple tulips


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board