October: Trying New Things

 This September, while doing something I can't quite remember, I was hit with inspiration: I should make my next goal to try new things. I do goals of the month, and generally some sort of new year's resolution, so I had options. At first I was thinking, "Try one new thing per week," but they I settled on my current goal, "Try as many new things as possible."

I'll be honest, I started early. I consider my first "new thing" was an Afghan cooking class at the local library. Yes, our library is that cool. We made bolani, a stuffed flatbread that is fried, and I got to stuff my own with fresh cilantro, shredded potato, and green onion, seasoned with salt, pepper, chilis, and coriander. That was the beginning of this challenge.

I plan to continue until the end of the month, and if I like it, I'll make it my New Year's resolution for 2024. Wish me luck as I try new things, and I'll check back in in November with a list of everything that I tried between September 18 and Halloween.

A bolani flatbread, a half moon shaped flatbread with the green stuffing peaking through, and an herb and yogurt dip


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board