Cooking as an act of self love

 While I've always loved cooking and baking, and have often experimented with recipes and new foods, I've become especially interested in the last year or so, especially with plant based and healthier foods. What truly spurred the change was yet another blood test that came back poorly, and a letter from my NP telling me again the steps that I needed to take and had ignored for years.

I've come to an understanding though. To cook for yourself as a single person, to try new recipes, find healthy foods, and push the boundaries of what you eat, that is a form of self love. To nourish your body and soul is truly an act of love. We recognize this when we cook for others, baking cookies or bringing a chili pot in times of grief, but why don't recognize cooking for yourself as it is?

I will stand on this hill forever, but cooking for yourself is a wonderful act of self love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board