Adventures in Reading

 My last book post was in July, and I've read quite a lot since then. I track my books in StoryGraph, a website that's an alternative to Good Reads (honestly I think it's better). Here's what I read between late July and now:

  • #NotYourPrincess: Voices of Native American Women, by Lisa Charleyboy, Mary Beth Leatherdale
  •  Anxiety at Work: 8 Strategies to Help Teams Build Resilience, Handle Uncertainty, and Get Stuff Done by Chester Elton, Adrian Gostick (audiobook)
  • Office Zen: 101 Ways to Make Your Work Space Calm, Happy, and Productive by Emma Silverman
  • Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
  • Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice by Brené Brown (audiobook)
  • How to Deal with Angry People by Dr Ryan Martin
  • How to be an Inclusive Leader by Jennifer Brown
  • I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy (audiobook)
  • Simple Giving by Jennifer Iacovelli
  • Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson (audiobook)
  • White Women: Everything You Already Know About Your Own Racism and How to Do Better by Saira Rao, Regina Jackson 
  • Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown (audiobook)
  • You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero (audiobook)
  • The Stress Solution: Using Empathy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Reduce Anxiety and Develop Resilience by Arthur P. Ciaramicoli 
  • Call Me American: The Extraordinary True Story of a Young Somali Immigrant by Abdi Nor Iftin (I read the Young Readers Edition)
  • Lithium: A Doctor, a Drug, and a Breakthrough by Walter A. Brown (audiobook)
  • Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People about Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge  

Now, what you may be thinking is, that's a ton of books for three months, what are your secrets? One, several of these are short. Not your Princess, Office Zen, and How to be an Inclusive Leader were all under 200 pages, with many others under 300 pages. I also read books concurrently, like I'd read an audiobook and a print book at the same time (not literally, but like, I'd read both on the same day, for example). I have also had the opportunity to listen to more audiobooks, due to travel and driving. I've also gotten more into audiobooks in general, always having one on hand.

Overall this year, I've read 42 books as of 10/16. I did stop reading one (satire is not for me I guess) and I've got another in progress (it's longer and not as exciting as I'd hoped, but I still want to finish it). I'm excited to finish out the year strong with lots of reading. I'm also working through my To Be Read list, which is long and quite niche at different points. I continue to discover new books, information, and ideas as I read about the world around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board