Book Review: Help Me by Marianne Power

 Recently I read a book that was less self help and more about the concept of self help - Help Me: My Perfectly Disastrous Journey through the World of Self-Help, by Marianne Power. Overall I found the book interesting, but there were definitely points where I went, do I need to keep reading this?

The summary is that Marianne goes through a self help book a month (sort of) and write about it, creating this book. In practice it got messy and she went through a lot of trials with it. I sometimes cringed at what she was doing, because while I would consider myself a pretty regular reader of self help, these books she was using were out there. Obviously they have a following, so some people ascribe to them, but Marianne really did.

It was written really well, even if I didn't like all of the content. It was conversational and engaging, and fairly fast-paced. Overall a decent book. 3.5/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board