Live Forever or Live Healthier?

 I think a lot of people think I want to live forever, because of the health steps that I take. It's assumed that my fascination with the Blue Zones means that I want to live to 100 too. That's half true. I want to live a long life, sure (maybe not 100) but I also only want to live a life where I feel good. 

I have spent years unhappy, anxious, and in pain. After years of struggling to keep weight on, I was even technically overweight (BMI is trash anyway, but it was flagged). I know, I know, I'm not that old, how can I have spent years like that? Between mental illness, constant respiratory infections, and assorted unhealthy habits, I struggled for a long time. 

About a year, year and a half ago, I started making changes. I am genetically blessed (sarcasm) with high cholesterol, although initially we blamed my meds. But after over a year of suggestions, I decided to make some dietary changes, then exercise, then more.

Then I started to feel better. I wasn't exhausted every day anymore. Bedtime wasn't the best part of the day. I didn't ache deep in my joints. I even was less depressed, less anxious. I kicked myself for not doing this sooner. 

It's a lot of work, I will admit. I have to shape my lifestyle around healthy habits. I spend a lot of time cooking, moving my body, meditating, tracking.

I don't want to live forever. But I do want to live healthier.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board