The Great WI Road Trip 2023

 I've been in the market for a new car, and on December 17th, my parents found the perfect one. Similar size, lots of great features, reasonably priced. So we cancelled my plane ticket last minute and I drove to Wisconsin with my old car, transferred it to my parents, got my new car, and drove back with my mom. Here are the highlights:

  • Overall, the drive to Wisconsin was uneventful.
  • I stopped at 1 Costco (Coralville, IA) on my way there, which was surprising to my parents, and also they have an enclosed parking area, which was weird.
  • I tried very hard to stop at rest areas for a walk, but also, I like to just power through honestly.
  • On the way home, we spent much time playing with my new car's features. It has sensors galore, a navigation system, and a CD player (yes, this is exciting).
  • In Wisconsin and much of Iowa, unfortunately we went through the bulk of a snowstorm. About an hour in, the car beeped and said it couldn't use the sensors. When we stopped, the entire front bumper was coated in a snow and ice mixture.
  • We stopped at two Costcos on our first day of the way home, both for a stroll in the frigid temperatures and for snacks.
  • We stayed in the same town on the way home as I had on the way there, Kearney, Nebraska, the midway point of the drive. The hotels were also across the street from each other.
  • We stopped at a hole in the wall diner in Wyoming on day 2, which had been on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, then had a cupcake at a very cute place across the street.
  • The stars were gorgeous any evening we could see the sky. I took some cool photos.

I drew this lovely cartoon of what you can lose on I-80 after my drive to WI.

Ink drawing in a sketchbook that lists things you may lose on Interstate 80 with illustrations

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board