The Gratitude Diaries

 I finished this book in early November and I found it quite inspiring. I read a lot of self help books, and some are better than others. This one is definitely in the better category. I thought it was a really great look at gratitude and practicing it.

There were quite a few things I really liked. For one, it wasn't just memoir style and it wasn't just research style, there were a mix of interviews with experts and personal experiences. I also liked that it talked about putting gratitude actually into practice and how it effected those around her.

It did inspire me to set an additional time for reflection in my gratitude app, as well as to try my best to find positives, and to mention them to others. It is a challenge to balance positive vibes with toxic positivity, but I'm sure I'll find the balance as time goes on. It has definitely gotten easier to pick out things during the day of, oh, I'm grateful for this, that feeling, however subtle, is gratitude. I'm even working on a new illustrated journal about gratitude. Maybe I'll show it to you someday.

In the meantime, it was a good read, and on the New York Times Bestseller list for good reason.

Cover for the Gratitude Diaries book, a blue book with a yellow umbrella on it


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board