June: Pride Month 2023

 As we probably all know, June is Pride Month here in the US (among other things). As a queer person, this is a special month, but this year it's a part of a trend to remove the rights of queer and trans individuals. From hormone treatment restrictions to drag bans, the LGBTQ+ community is being attacked. 

I live in a "red state." This means that my rights are more tenuous, and have indeed been decreased over the past few years, as a woman and as a queer person. I am concerned for the future. What will happen if the Supreme Court overturns gay marriage? What will happen if they decide to support discrimination in the name of religion? What is my future in Utah and in the US?

Obviously I have no good answers to these questions. I'll just continue to work and play and live here, because what else can I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board