Trying New Things

 I am not one for change. My parents, fans of the classic business book, tell me that someone or something is, "moving my cheese." I recently read this book (a quick read) and I do have to say it's a good metaphor. However, with warning, I do enjoy trying new things.

A lot of my new things recently have been foods. I've experimented with new recipes and new ingredients. Recently it's been parsnips, turnips, and tahini, but I've also tried new cooking techniques like de-boning chicken thighs and making quinoa in the rice cooker. I've made dozens of new recipes (and only had one flop). I enjoy being creative with ingredients and making food that I like eating.

I don't try as many new things outside of cooking, although I recently starting tracking my steps and health through my health insurance app, mostly so I can get the $20 a month for being active. It's motivated by the money, but also a desire to feel better.

Trying new things difficult and can be scary, but it can also be very rewarding. I challenge myself to try new things, read new books, and take on changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board