Cooking Tips

So I've been cooking a lot more the past few years, and even more the past few months, and here are the little things I've gleaned from my adventures in the kitchen:

  • It really is worth it to buy fresh herbs OR start a little herb garden so you don't have to buy them. Fresh rosemary vs dried? Light years of difference.
  • Butter is not the only fat that tastes delicious in cooking. I cook mostly with olive oil and there are very few things that I still need to use butter for. 
  • Don't fry/saute chopped garlic for too long or it loses flavor.
  • So many veggies can be cooked by tossing with olive oil, salt, and pepper (spice it up with lemon juice, garlic, or an herb of your choice) and roasted for 20 minutes at 400 F, and they are so so tasty. You can do it with root veggies and chickpeas too, they're just more like 40-45 minutes.
  • Really sharp knives are worth it.
  • Trying a random vegetable a week is a good way to experience new foods. When in doubt, I roast them and add them to a quinoa bowl.
  • Make double servings and enjoy a tasty lunch the next day at work.

It really is worthwhile to cook quality food for yourself. I know that I enjoy a good, healthy meal, and it gives me the energy and strength that I need for a very busy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board