Audiobook or Paper Book?

 I am a hardcore lover of paper books. No preference between hard and soft cover (other than soft cover travels better), but a physical book is my favorite way to read. Recently I took a trip and I "read" two audiobooks. Now, I'm a firm believer that audiobooks count as reading. I totally respect that this is the best way for some people to read, including those who drive a lot, those with low vision or blindness, or those who just like it better.

But for me, there's a little disconnect. Since I prefer reading physical books so much, audiobooks feel weird to me, like it's not real. Don't get me wrong, it's fabulous for my Storygraph stats, but somehow it feels off. Like it's not a real book.

Reconciling this is something on my mind, as I've considered adding more audiobooks to my repertoire. It does come with the same questions as podcasts of, what do I do with my hands? Since I don't drive long distances regularly, I don't have the ability to just listen to 17 hours of book in the car in 10 minute chunks. After all, that would take months to get through, and library loans are 3 weeks.

So where's this going? Who's to say. A delightful future of books, one way or another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board