Connection

While I used to struggle with talking about my own experiences with my brother and his treatment, since I took a break from the blog and advocacy, I've grown more comfortable talking about my family. I don't know why it really took that long to process, but I no longer feel the lump in my throat, heart pounding, as I think back.

Recently I was at work, at camp, with the middle schoolers. I was talking to a parent and she mentioned that her son was in treatment for cancer. And we got to bond over this shared experience. It's always nice to bond with families, and I'm glad that this Girl Scout was able to see that there's a future for siblings too. Because when I was in the thick of it, I couldn't see that. I felt like it was going to be like that forever. 

So this is a rambling way to say that I am grateful to have met this family today, and I hope to see them again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board