May is many things, including some important awareness days & months: Brain Cancer Awareness Month National Cancer Research Month Neurofibromatosis Month Oncology Nursing Month May 17: DIPG Awareness Day I also want to shout out to the months I missed: March: Kidney Cancer Awareness Month April: National Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Week (April 7-11, 2025) & April 21: Acute Myloid Leukemia (AML) Day
After a long day at work, enjoy some silly animal pictures. The Potoo, a rather goofy looking, bug-eyed bird from south and central america. They are nocturnal, which explains the large eyes. And if you ever feel dumb, think about the sloth. They sometimes grab their own arms, thinking they are tree branches, and fall to their deaths...oops.
From ACCO, did you know, 1 in 6 children diagnosed with cancer won't survive more than 5 years after diagnosis. When I was younger, it was 1 in 5, so at least we're going in the right direction. But 1 in 6 is still far too many.
Comments
Post a Comment