As a bored college student, I enjoy watching old TV series on netflix. Last semester, it was "That 70s Show", which was purely entertaining.
This semester, I've opted to watch the X-Files. I enjoy seeing how far we have come with some of the Sci-Fi topics covered in the series: computers, genetic engineering, biology, and communication. I've also come to a few conclusions:
- The best way to find someone in a possibly dangerous situation is NOT to do any of the following: walk around loudly screaming their name, wearing high heels, calling their cell phone, ect. Especially not when any of the following are involved: man eating aliens, mad scientists, bombs, armed gunmen, ect.
- Cell phones and computers have come a llooonnnnngggggg way since 1993.
- Big hair should have died in the 80s.
- The glowing yellow eyes of Eugene tombes will always be watching.
- There are always new ways to kill off characters.
- Everything (at least in the show) is a conspiracy.
- The lights never work properly. Large flashlights are a must.
- Investigatins never take place during the day, or in a well lit area. Nor do interviews, shootings, crime scenes or wierd events.
If you enjoy mind twisting crime shows that border with sci-fi and fantasy, the X-files are excellent. Happy hunting for the truth on alien life!