Recent Reads: August & September

 So, as of September 29, I have read 71 books in 2024. Twenty nine were in print, 42 audio. Five were in Spanish, the rest English. This year I've been learning that it's ok to put down a book you aren't enjoying, even if you never come back to it. I've put down a number of books this year, because I want to enjoy reading, and books that challenge me in a negative way are not a way to spend my down time. 

The top books from August & September were (out of 16 finished during this time):

The Teachers by Alexandra Robbins - This took me about 6 weeks to read due to... life stuff. But, it was well worth it and when things calmed down I finished it pretty quickly.

Con el corazón abierto by Dalai Lama XIV - This one is important to me because it's the first book in Spanish that is for adults that I finished. Didn't understand all of it, but I did finish it.

Owning Bipolar: How Patients and Families Can Take Control of Bipolar Disorder by Michael G. Pipich - I have read a lot of books on bipolar disorder over the years. Many are quite similar, but this one stands out because of the way it presents "owning" your illness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viral Therapy

Common Types of Childhood Cancer

Vision Board