I think that the holidays are special to be because of our family traditions more than anything. I'm agnostic, so I don't believe in the religious aspects of the holiday, just the cultural ones. I also love the symbols, but more than anything I want the familiar family activities. I didn't get them last year as much as I wanted, as I was at the beginning of recovery from a nasty respiratory infection and wasn't feeling well. But this year they're there. So, my favorite holiday traditions, in no particular order, are: Baking cookies, whether it's gingerbread or sugar, and especially ones you cut out and decorate. Our Christmas eve snack fest and bûche de Noël (had to google how to get the accent marks because Blogger was not playing nice, even on the French keyboard). The tradition of handmade PJ pants for a Christmas eve gift (not every year, but most). Cinnamon rolls and egg bake for Christmas morning breakfast. Amy Grant Christmas CDs (don't judge). Play...
Comments
Post a Comment